You are watching: Which of the following is true about cloud computing
2) Which of the following is a reason for the term elastic being used to define the cloud?A) Computing resources can be increased or decreased dynamically in cloud-based hosting.B) Operations staff manually allots fresh resources when the traffic increases.C) Customers are provided a consistent bandwidth on the cloud.D) Resources available for cloud-hosting are shared among customers.
3) An organization that hires cloud services ________.A) can accommodate increase in traffic from only one cityB) is continually provided with the maximum possible bandwidthC) can limit the response time of its web pagesD) hires a fixed number of servers
4) Which of the following is true of Web services?A) They are SOA-designed programs that comply with Web service standards.B) They are programs that comply with IEEE 802.3 protocol standard and cannot be used for cloud processing.C) They are programs that comply with Web service standards and can only run as an independent program.D) They can be used only with other programs from the same vendor.
5) Which of the following statements is true about cloud services?A) Cloud service vendors tend to avoid virtualization.B) In-house hosting is generally preferable to cloud hosting.C) Cloud services always allow customers to maintain physical control over its data.D) Financial institutions are not likely to hire cloud services from a vendor.
6) Which of the following statements is true of cloud-based and in-house hosting?A) In-house hosting makes scaling up to meet the demands of increased traffic easier.B) Cloud-based hosting involves the risk of investing in technology that may soon become obsolete.C) In-house hosting leads to loss of physical control of data.D) Cloud-based hosting reduces the visibility of the security being used to protect data.
7) Which of the following statements is true about the increase in popularity of cloud hosting?A) Data communication is more expensive now than earlier.B) Virtualization allows instantaneous creation of new virtual machines.C) Internet-based standards have led to loss of flexibility in processing capabilities.D) The technology prevalent in the 1960s was more favorable for the construction of enormous data centers.
8) Phobas Inc. offers an online service which stores notes made by customers on the cloud. When a customer enters notes on one device, it gets updated in all the devices he/she owns. Which of the following cloud-based offerings is being provided to the customers?A) virtual private cloudB) platform as a service (PaaS)C) software as a service (SaaS)D) infrastructure as a service (IaaS)
9) An online service allows users to integrate their phonebook with their social media profiles and stores it on the cloud. The phonebook is updated with pictures of contacts when they are uploaded on social media sites. Which of the following cloud-based offerings is being provided to the users?A) network as a service (NaaS)B) platform as a service (PaaS)C) infrastructure as a service (IaaS)D) software as a service (SaaS)
10) The cloud-based service that provides the hardware and allows customers to load an operating system of their choice is known as ________.A) application virtualizationB) platform as a service (PaaS)C) infrastructure as a service (IaaS)D) network functions virtualization (NFV)
11) A ________ is a system of hardware and software that stores user data in many different geographical locations and makes that data available on demand.A) virtual private networkB) content delivery networkC) mobile virtual networkD) local area network
12) Which of the following is a disadvantage of a content delivery network?A) It increases the load time of web pages for users.B) Its vulnerability to denial-of-service (DOS) attacks is high.C) Its reliability is decreased as data is stored on many servers.D) It is better suited to store and deliver content that seldom changes.
13) Which of the following statements is true of content delivery networks (CDNs)?A) They reduce users" access costs by delivering data faster.B) They distribute data on different servers without any data replication.C) Users receive content from the CDN server that is geographically closest.D) A routing server decides which server should deliver content on an hourly basis.
14) An internal information system built using Web services ________.A) is called a virtual private networkB) is a cloud-based technology if it offers elasticityC) is a subset of a virtual private cloudD) is an example of platform as a service (PaaS)
15) Which of the following is a reason why an internal information system (private internet) that uses Web services is not considered a cloud?A) The number of servers is fixed in a private internet and is not made elastic.B) Idle servers in a private internet are dynamically re-allocated.C) It is generally not accessible outside the organization.D) An organization maintains a private internet using its own resources.
16) Which of the following services provides hardware, an operating system, and a database management system (DBMS) on a cloud-based offering?A) network as a service (NaaS)B) infrastructure as a service (IaaS)C) software as a service (SaaS)D) platform as a service (PaaS)
17) Sireus Corp. is availing a cloud-based service. It plans to install a software package that will offer cloud services to its users. If it would like to avoid installing an operating system on the server, which of the following services should it choose?A) network as a service (NaaS)B) infrastructure as a service (IaaS)C) platform as a service (PaaS)D) software as a service (SaaS)
18) If an organization opts for software as a service (SaaS), it will have to ________.A) install an operating system on the serverB) purchase licenses for software replicationC) transfer data and develop proceduresD) install a DBMS
19) Which of the following statements is true of private clouds?A) Private clouds are easy to build and operate.B) Several organizations pool their resources to form a private cloud.C) Private clouds provide access from outside an organization without connecting to a VPN (virtual private network).D) Idle servers in a private cloud cannot re-allocated to other organizations.
20) Which of the following is a characteristic of a private cloud?A) Organizations define their own set of standards for interactions between programs.B) Idle servers on a private cloud can be allocated to other organizations.C) A private cloud is most likely to be built by a small organization.D) Most organizations avoid having multiple database servers in a private cloud.
21) Which of the following statements is true of a virtual private cloud (VPC)?A) A VPC does not make use of a VPN (virtual private network).B) An organization generally stores its most sensitive data on a VPC.C) A VPC can be accessed only from within an organization. D) A VPC can be built on public cloud infrastructure.
22) Which of the following is a difference between a virtual private network (VPN) and a virtual private cloud (VPC)?A) Unlike a VPN, a VPC uses encrypted connections between the users and the server.B) A VPN can be accessed over the Internet, but a VPC cannot be accessed over the Internet.C) Unlike a VPC, a VPN connects users to an organization"s internal IS.D) A VPC provides the advantages of cloud storage, but a VPN by itself cannot provide these advantages.
23) Which of the following is an advantage of using a private cloud over a virtual private cloud (VPC)?A) Unlike a VPC, the infrastructure required for a private cloud can be built and operated easily.B) A VPC gains significantly by using an elastic load balancer, whereas a private cloud does not use an elastic load balancer.C) A VPC cannot be accessed from outside the organization, but a private cloud can be accessed from outside the organization.D) Unlike a VPC, a private cloud does not require permission from regulating bodies to host sensitive data.
24) What is a VPN (virtual private network)?A) It is a markup language that fixes several HTML deficiencies and is commonly used for program-to-program interaction over the Web.B) It is an add-on to browsers that was developed by Adobe and is useful for providing animation, movies, and other advanced graphics inside a browser.C) It is the most common language for defining the structure and layout of web pages.D) It uses the Internet to create secure point-to-point connections.
25) Which of the following is true of a VPN (virtual private network)?A) A VPN communication is secure even though it is transmitted over the public Internet.B) One disadvantage of a VPN is that it does not encrypt messages.C) Remote access is difficult in case of a VPN.D) It is a physical, private pathway over a public or shared network from the client to the server.
26) Which of the following is a characteristic of a virtual private network (VPN)?A) It establishes a physical connection between the client and the server, called tunnel.B) It sends encrypted messages over the public Internet.C) A VPN can be accessed from only one geographical location.D) VPNs cannot be accessed over the Internet.
See more: How To Convert $227 Million Is Equal To How Many Billion? 227 Million In Numbers
27) Which of the following is likely to be a consequence of cloud computing in the future?A) Organizations will prefer to setup their own computing infrastructure.B) The cost of obtaining elastic resources will decrease.C) Jobs related to server operations at small organizations will increase.D) The number of technology-based startups will stagnate.
28) A system uses cameras and motion-sensing equipment to issue tickets for traffic violations. This system is an example of ________.A) videotelephonyB) telesurgeryC) telelaw enforcementD) GPS augmentation
29) Using https instead of http ________.A) shows the other users on that network who are accessing the same siteB) allows a packet sniffer to see only the site visited and nothing furtherC) connects a user to the version of the site hosted on a private cloudD) detects the presence of packet sniffers in the vicinity