Being native Texas lug a certain collection of expectations. Some room good, some space funny, and also some are just ridiculous.
You are watching: Only two things come from texas
There space many, yet here room 15 clichés every recruitment hears at boots camp:
1. “Only steers and also queers come from Texas exclusive cowboy, and you don’t much look favor a command to me so the kinda narrows that down” – Sergeant Hartman, “Full metal Jacket” (1987)girlfriend know just how it goes. You acquire to a brand-new unit and also the an initial thing who asks is what’s her name and also where you’re from. Girlfriend say, “my surname is ____” adhered to by, “I’m native Texas.” The very first thing you obtain is the Gunny Hartman quote around steers and also queers. It doesn’t get much more original than that (note mine sarcasm).
2. The drill instructor calls girlfriend “Lone Star” to solitary you out.
What the hell space you act Lone Star? Why space you out of formation!? This one is precious owning.
3. Everyone calls you “Tex” rather of your name. This usually happens for the first two weeks of boot camp while anyone is still discovering names.
“There was Dallas, native Phoenix; Cleveland – he to be from Detroit; and also Tex… well, i don’t remember where Tex come from.” – Forrest Gump, “Forrest Gump” (1994)
4. Anyone assumes you have actually a horse earlier home.
Nope. Also expensive.
5. Everyone from Texas walk hunting.
Not really. But we do have a friend that go who’d let united state tag along with if we want to.
6. The various other recruits assume you recognize your method around a rifle because everyone in Texas has a gun.
… since Texas has that open lug law.
7. You eat BBQ because that every meal.
We f–king love BBQ! And, we don’t settle for that nonsense various other states speak to BBQ. Your selection of meat with pepper and salt end misquite is all you need.
8. All Texans space stupid.
They’re just mistaking our Texan drawl for being slow.
9. You grew up on a ranch.
Where execute you think we carry out all ours BBQing, shooting, and hunting? Actually, no. Cities choose San Antonio, Dallas/Fort Worth, and Houston are amongst the largest in the country. There’s no room because that a ranch in the asphalt jungle.
10. You must have actually an oil well in your backyard.
Who carry out you think us are, the Beverly Hillbillies?
11. Friend probably have a big truck.
If we don’t have one, we really desire one. That doesn’t?
12. People native Texas are the definition of “Murica.”
We’re really patriotic, which is why there’s always a handful of recruits indigenous the good state in her unit.
13. Soccer is your religion.
Yes. Us go come church every Friday (high institution football), Saturday (college football), and Sunday (NFL football).
14. You have long horns over her fireplace or on her vehicle.
Nope. No so much. The would go well with UT Longhorn equipment though.
See more: The Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills Stronger Than Ever, Stronger Than Ever (Tv Episode 2016)
15. You’re native Texas, so therefore you’re a redneck. Nope, I’m a Texan.
“Texans have tendency to ride equines whereas rednecks ride your cousins.” — chris Kyle, “American Sniper” (2014)