Two days earlier I was out in the woods in ~ the crack of dawn, listening come cacophony that noises that only happens at an early stage in the morning in the woods. As I to be enjoying the crisp, cool wait that lugged with it the very first signs of fall, ns was reminded that life is yes, really worth living.

You are watching: My dog ate chocolate chip cookies

I feeling that way when I’m long or kayaking, but I additionally feel like that around food – specifically fresh indigenous the oven cacao chip cookies. They room so good when the coco is melty and the cookie is soft and also the new baked smell is wafting off of it. Yum.

Unfortunately, my dogs like coco chip cookies as lot as i do and will try and finagle their way into one. Of course, I’m a responsible dog owner so ns NEVER provide my dogs chocolate. Never ever ever. Yet if her dog ate a chocolate chip cookie below is what you need to know.

Why cacao is poor for her Dog – Theobromine Toxicity in Dogs


Contents


*
*
*
*
*

Even with a small amount of chocolate it’s always better to be safe than sorry. There is no such thing as dog for sure chocolate, and also seeking professional help is a great idea as soon as your dog consumes it.

Call your vet through the kind and quantity of cacao your pet has actually consumed or inspect with the Pet toxicity Helpline at 1-855-764-7661.

If the dose is small, your vet may have actually you simply monitor your dog. If it was a bigger dose (like castle ate a whole box of chocolate chip cookies) you may need emergency treatment.

If her dog is showing symptoms of coco poisoning prefer these from pets MD:

VomitingDiarrheaIncreased body temperatureIncreased reflex responsesMuscle rigidityRapid breathingIncreased love rateLowblood pressureSeizuresAdvanced indications (cardiac failure, weakness, and coma)

Then take your dog come an emergency vet IMMEDIATELY. Cacao can and also does kill dogs when sufficient of that is consumed. It’s no something to play roughly with.

See more: Midcap S&Amp;P 400 Index Separate Account, Ishares Core S&P Mid

There is, however, fake chocolate for dogs similar to their is for humans. Dogs can eat carob without danger.

Summary: my Dog Ate a coco Chip Cookie!

First, don’t panic. If friend can, discover out exactly how much coco your dog ate and also when lock ate it. Then call your vet or the Pet poison Helpline. If your dog is displaying symptom of chocolate poisoning take it them to an emergency vet immediately.